Life, Lemons and Smurfs

Have you ever heard the saying - when life gives you lemons (sour) make lemonade (sweet). I would add make lemon Smurfs.

I was prepping to make puff-puff ( a Nigerian pastry) last week, like most people due to lockdown in UK I have been baking  loads. I made an error by placing the dough which contained yeast in the fridge instead of in a warm place. An hour passed and then i remembered, by this time the dough was quite cold. I tried to fry the pastry but it was looking so weird , like a retired doughnut. I panicked because there was nothing else I could think of to do with the pastry and the last thing I wanted to do was to bin it. I was hoping and praying when an idea came to me - heat it up in the microwave. I did that until the dough was warm and I was happy to fry it. It turns out to be one of my best batch of puff -puff I have made so far. 

Life is filled with the ups , downs, waiting and mids. How do you react to the downs in life, we might not be able to control the outcome of our lives , like family, our environment or even our health but how we react to life makes a difference.

In the words of Cecil Tyson- 
"I am the sum total of my whole life experience. I have profited more from the negative as opposed to  the positive experiences . This is because if I have been able to survive IT ( the pain, struggle, hurt), and reach another level, that has given me more growth, more strength, more confidence and it has enriched my life more. I perceive negative as positive, I use the opposition as an opportunity 
( just like an EAGLE uses fierce wind to soar higher). Imagine going through an experience that could have brought you to your knees and you survive that. You become much stronger, wiser, richer and fuller. You are more in touch with what God wants you to be in touch with after the storm.  The most times in life I have learnt the best lessons are in the low moments. The most important thing is to SURVIVE IT, LEARN from IT and find the JOY in the whole process.

Remember even though you walk through the darkest valley, fear no evil, because God is with you. So the next time you are rejected for that role or receive a negative report.... what's the lesson? 

Please share and comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Things Americans Eat That Are Banned in Other Countries

Weird Dating stories

10 Shocking medical mistakes